Spiders may be mostly harmless, but that doesn’t mean you want dozens inside your property! As with most pests, the best way to avoid an infestation is to learn how to prevent spiders from finding your home or business a suitable dwelling in the first place.
By regularly inspecting your property and implementing spider prevention methods, you can lessen the risk of an infestation inside. Keep reading for Vermont Pest Control’s expert spider prevention tips.
How to Prevent Spider Problems Inside Your Home
No one wants a bunch of spiders crawling around their property! Five ways you can lessen the risk of spiders getting indoors in the first place include:
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
Need a Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Does DIY Spider Control Work?
At Vermont Pest Control, we understand why people look for all-natural pest control solutions. Although DIY methods rarely work to control an infestation, there are several DIY ways to prevent spiders in the first place. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders.
When it comes to controlling an active infestation, more aggressive spider removal products are needed.
Spider Extermination & Prevention
Preventing spiders in your home can seem overwhelming, which is where the expert spider exterminators at Vermont Pest Control come in! If you’re seeing an excess amount of spiders or webs in your home—or if you’ve spotted a potentially dangerous spider, it’s time for professional assistance.Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal
Spider Prevention Tips in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991