When you open the door to your vacation home, excited to relax and enjoy your time away, the last thing you want to see is pests wreaking havoc on your beautiful home. Properties like vacation homes that remain unoccupied for long periods of time are often more vulnerable to pest issues than your primary residence. Whether you have a beachside bungalow, a mountain retreat, or an urban abode, it is crucial to work with a professional pest control service like Vermont Pest Control to ensure your vacation home is pest-free.
At Vermont Pest Control, we focus on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and customer education, which allows us to focus on preventing pest problems before they begin. When you partner with us, you can have peace of mind knowing that while you are away, your vacation home will not host these tiny unwanted guests.
How to Keep Pests Out of Your Vacation Home
When not properly maintained, you can run into various pest issues in your vacation home. Rodents and other wildlife are a significant nuisance in vacation homes. They enjoy the quietness of an empty house and will sniff out any food you may have left behind, create nests, and damage your home. Smaller pests, like ants, are another common vacation home pest, often invading your home in search of any food that was left on the floors or counters. Stop these pests from ruining your vacation by following these simple steps:
- Seal all holes or cracks around the exterior of your home
- Install screens over all windows and doors
- Use exclusion methods like installing chimney caps and placing mesh over vents
- Throughoughly clean your vacation home before leaving and keep all food in sealed containers
- Store firewood away from your home
- Prune overhanging tree branches
- Partner with a local professional pest control company
Need a pest control estimate?
Click the button below to leave your information.
Our Vacation Home Pest Control Process
When you partner with Vermont Pest Control, we will work hard to ensure your vacation home remains pest-free all year. Our pest control process will include the following steps:
- Inspection of the property and the surrounding grounds
- Identification of vulnerable areas and conditions that may attract pests
- Develop a pest control plan that suits your needs and adheres to your area’s regulations
- Exclusion measures by sealing potential entry points
- Routine inspections from a technician to ensure your vacation home remains pest-free
Vermont Vacation Home Pest Control
Entering your vacation rental after a long day of traveling and finding mice in your pantry or ants across your floor can be a nightmare. No one wants to find unwanted guests have invaded their vacation home while they were away, which is why Vermont Pest Control offers expert vacation home pest control services. Whether you have a vacation home or rent out a vacation property, investing in professional pest control will save you hours of frustration and possibly thousands in repairs.
Vermont Pest Control is proud to be an industry leader in vacation home pest control in the Vermont. Contact us today and let Vermont Pest Control protect your vacation home while you are away.Back to Residential Pest Control
Vacation Home Pest Control in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991