No one wants to deal with a rodent infestation. Not only are rats and mice gross—they can spread bacteria and pathogens too! In addition to contamination, the risk of rodent infestations include destruction, foul odors, and more. To avoid an infestation, it’s important to know the signs of rats or mice in your home.
As soon as you notice any of the below signs of a rodent problem, it’s time to call the rat and mice exterminators at Vermont Pest Control.
Do You Have a Rat or Mice Infestation?
Rodents aren’t exactly subtle creatures and make their presence known through a number of behaviors and activities. The top seven signs of rats or mice in your property are:
- Droppings: Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the top sign of rodents!
- Gnaw marks: If you check your food pantry and notice packages with little holes or gnaw marks, it is indicative that rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Nesting materials: Chewed up, the shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Odors: A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Strange noises: If you notice chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls, it’s probably due to mice or rats.
- Burrows or tunnels: Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Runways or tracks: Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor, so spread out some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to see if you notice paw prints.
Need a Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators estimate?
Click the button below to leave your information.
What to Do When You See Signs of Rats
As soon as you notice one of the aforementioned signs of rodents in your property, it’s time to call a professional rodent exterminator. Dealing with rodents on your own can be overwhelming, as there may be more than you think there are inside your property. Even worse, rodents breed at lightning speed, giving them the capability of quickly spreading. Because of the reproduction rate and the destruction they cause, it’s absolutely essential to get rodent control as soon as you notice the signs of an infestation.
Help With Rodent Infestations
If you’ve seen the signs of a rodent infestation, it’s time to call in the rat and mice exterminators. The team at Vermont Pest Control can thoroughly inspect your property to locate any rodent activity, control the population, and prevent them from ever returning!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Signs You have a Rodent Infestation in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991