The most frightening pest problem may well be when a wild animal gets inside your property! Wild animals can wreak havoc inside and outside your property. Even worse, they can be more aggressive than you think, making it important to never try to deal with the problem by yourself. The best way to avoid dealing with wildlife is to prevent them from finding your property attractive in the first place.
Read on for Vermont Pest Control’s top tips for keeping wild animals outside your property.
Need a Wildlife Removal – Control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Wildlife Prevention Tips
To avoid the frustration of dealing with wildlife removal, it’s important to learn how to keep them away from your property! Five ways you can lessen the risk of wild animals on your property include:
Cover vents and openings
- Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to squirrels or smaller animals.
- Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wild animals out!
- A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels.
- Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
Protect your porch
- The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home.
- Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
Cover overhangs and gutters
- Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge.
- Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
Keep a tidy yard
- Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
Wildlife Exclusion Services
By staying proactive about wildlife prevention, you can avoid the frustration of a wild animal getting indoors! If you need assistance protecting your home from pests or wildlife, give the wildlife exclusion experts at Vermont Pest Control a call!Back to Wildlife Removal – Control
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991