Serving all of Vermont
Cockroaches may well be the most dreaded household pest. They are infamous for being gross, and for good reason. Roaches carry bacteria and pathogens that can contaminate a number of surfaces in your home. The main cockroach infestation signs include foul odors, droppings, and egg cases or skins.
Seeing a single roach inside your property is often a bad sign there are more hidden nearby. For this reason, seeing even one of the below signs of cockroaches means it’s time to call a cockroach exterminator.
Cockroach Infestation Signs
When it comes to signs of cockroaches, there are three things to look for:
- A foul odor. Some roach species are known to emit a musty, unpleasant odor that lingers and gets more pungent with more roaches.
- Egg cases or skins. Ootheca are brown casings that house up to 50 eggs and can be found before or after the eggs hatch in serious infestations. Skins are often seen where cockroaches are taking up shelter.
- Droppings. Resembling anything from tiny pepper specks to miniature pellets, a large amount of feces is a clear indicator of a cockroach problem.
Need a Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Cockroach Behaviors to Know
Cockroaches are unique pests that don’t make themselves known. Some of the cockroach behaviors to know include:
- Roaches are nocturnal insects, which is why they scatter off toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments and avoid daylight.
- Cockroaches aren’t picky and can survive on a versatile diet. They will eat garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials.
- Roaches often dwell in small, dark areas of a property. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, behind appliances, and even within cracks in the floor.
You’ve Spotted the Signs of Cockroaches—Now What?
As soon as you notice any of the above signs of cockroaches, it’s time to call the roach exterminators at Vermont Pest Control. Our goal is to provide all of our customers with quality pest management service in a timely manner. Our cockroach removal and prevention can keep you and your family safe year-round.Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991