No homeowner wants to deal with ants. Not only are they gross, they also are infamously difficult to get rid of. Ants are the most common nuisance pest in the nation and anyone can get an ant problem at any time. For that reason, it’s important to learn about preventing ants in the first place.
To keep ants away, it’s crucial to be proactive about cleaning your home regularly and making home repairs in a timely manner. Keep reading for Vermont Pest Control’s expert tips on how to keep ants out.
Ant Problem Prevention
Ant prevention is the best form of ant control, which is why it’s crucial to learn how to keep ants away. Three things you should do on a regular basis to prevent ants include:
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Fix leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Lastly, ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit their access to food.
- Keep the kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Additionally, wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Seal their entry points into your property.
- Routinely check the perimeter of your home for entry points and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, or install screens to help keep pests out.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Preventing Ants Naturally
When it comes to getting rid of ants, all-natural products will not provide a long-lasting solution. That said, some methods may prove helpful in preventing ant problems. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help repel ants. Even if these work to prevent ants, they will not work to treat an active infestation.
Professional Ant Prevention
If you are still seeing ants in your home despite your best efforts to prevent them, it’s time to call the professional ant exterminators at Vermont Pest Control. Our ant extermination team can help you determine the sources that may be contributing to your ant problem. To learn more about our ant removal and prevention, give us a call!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Vermont
Serving Vermont since 1991